TITLE: Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Real Estate Development & Planning
DIRECT REPORTS: None
REVISED: January 2017
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBLITIES:
Project Manager will be responsible for identifying and pursuing opportunities for rehabilitation and reconstruction of residential housing stock and neighborhood commercial resources. The Project Manager will support the real estate team and be involved in nearly every aspect of the organization.
• Assist in developing and implementing various disposition strategies including auctions, RFP’s, direct sales, etc.;
• Identifying residential and commercial properties for acquisition and development;
• Managing development projects undertaken by NORA. These duties would include, but not be limited to, day to day responsibility for communicating with grantees, sub-grantees, partners, etc., assuring that all relevant federal, state and local policies/procedures are being adhered to, acting as liaison between NORA, the grantee/development partner and the general public; maintaining accurate and timely records and files;
• Performing due diligence prior to acquisition, including research regarding the properties’ tax, lien, blighted and conveyance status, appraised value, acquisition feasibility and role in redevelopment initiatives;
• Developing master plans and maps of NORA’s activity and goals;
• Preparing RFPs for neighborhood redevelopment for neighborhoods throughout the City of New Orleans and reviewing responses to those RFPs;
• Drafting Community Improvement Plans that will govern redevelopment of specific neighborhoods;
• Identifying funding resources to support redevelopment activities, and coordinating available finance options including Low Income Housing Tax Credits, New Markets Tax Credits, CDBG funds and soft-seconds;
• Preparing marketing strategies and materials for NORA projects in coordination with NORA’s communications and press team;
• Developing financial models and financial incentive packages for development projects;
• Significantly contributing to the underwriting of the financing of various commercial, residential or public use projects; and
• Reviewing and analyzing financial projections submitted by potential development partners.
To perform this job successfully, incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in urban planning, public administration, real estate development or other field related to economic and/or community development preferred.
A minimum of 3 to 5 years work experience in the aforementioned disciplines. Candidate should have specific knowledge of one or more of the following: urban planning, public finance, real estate finance, public administration and/or real estate development.
Candidate must have prior experience in administering contracts, federal grants and their related regulations, specifically CDBG, FEMA, other HUD grants or initiatives.
Familiarity with public and private partnerships, complex real estate transactions and other financing tools such as LIHTC, HTC, NMTC and FHLB funding.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Candidate must possess knowledge, skill and abilities necessary to successfully perform the essential duties of the position.
Licenses or Certificates
Commensurate with experience.
THE NEW ORLEANS REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, AGE, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, CREED, CULTURE, OR ANCESTRY.
New Orleans Redevelopment Authority
1409 Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard
New Orleans, LA 70113